His call to action at the end of his speech included exhorting individuals to live within their means and not buy homes they can't afford. Sounds like another President who was talking about this 10 years ago and more. (the title may throw you off, but skip down to the second half for the section on the financial advice...)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
President Obama sounds like another President I knew
Obama announced his housing recovery plan whereby - to be brief and somewhat trite - the government will bail out anybody who over bought or didn't read the details of their mortgage contract. Well, we are bailing out banks that overbought and didn't bother with the details on the mortgage backed securities, so why not home owners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that President so much more and isn't interesting that getting out of debt was what has been and is still being taught and I bet there are a lot of people wishing they had listened.
Of course when President Hinkley spoke he wasn't telling us to live within our means, while promising to spend $800 billion of money the church didn't have.
To be fair, I'm sure they budget the money for Air Force One to fly to places like Denver so Obama can sign a Document that was in DC already.
To be sure, I was not trying to elevate Obama to prophetic status. And, good point to SPAZ on travel expenses. Although symbolic, the cost of flying the president, staff, and entourage to Denver and Pheonix could have probably saved an entire neighborhood in Mesa from foreclosure...
Post a Comment